We all know moving sucks. Moving apartment sucks sure. Moving states sucks more. I WIN!
Moving states sucks more because you have to fit all your shit in 2 suitcases to fly across the country. Then the rapey airlines will charge you hundreds of dollars for checking your shit because you have to fit all your shit in 2 suitcases and NO SHIT that will weight more than 50 lbs.
I learned some things about myself when purging my shit:
1. I saved a lot of old journals. VERY Embarrassing but good material for my 1 woman show I'm putting on Broadway a la Carrie Fisher one day.
2. I saved a lot of old tax forms, bills and receipts. Like from my first apartment in 2003. I moved this box of SHIT receipts to FIVE I said FIVE different Chicago Apartments. Who does that? A quasi-hoarder.
3. I didn't listen to my Mother, until now. All those times your Mom tells you to give away clothes you haven't worn in a year, I finally did. Who needs 11 old Sorority shirts? (Yes I was in a sorority ADPI, get over it) How many IU sweatshirts do I need? Though I am keeping my Dad's Darthmouth Basketball Sweatshirt and Jeff HS Sweatshirt. Both are falling apart but I can't throw away! GIVE AWAY or Host a Swap Party like yours truly did. Oh I guess you didn't get the evite...
4. I like books. I gave away a lot of books and plays but I'm sending like 6 boxes worth to NYC, once I get in a more settled apartment. My parents and siblings love giving me coffee table books, for the coffee table I GAVE AWAY.
5. I love the Beatles. How much Beatle shit does one California Girl need?
6. I don't need cd's anymore. Thanks itunes. I literally gave salvation army hundreds of cds. Enjoy The Last of the Mohicans soundtrack and Miss Saigon Chicago!
6 1/2 I love fresh air. I'm scared I can't ever live with a roommate again. Due to the fact I get peeved when you live with someone that has to either have the Air Conditioning or Heat on at all times. OPEN THE WINDOWS FOR THE LOVE OF NATURE!
This isn't my shit in the picture below, though I love the cowboy framed picture. It doesn't look so bad as all my shit in my storage unit