1. She is the middle sister of two gorgeous brunettes.
2. Her older sister hates her. Like legitimately hates her.
3. She never gets the guy.
3a. (***SPOILER**** I mean the old man she was in love with left her at the altar for Christ Sakes! )
4. She has red hair.
5. She is intelligent. She reads and writes therefore nobody wants to marry her.
6. She can drive a car.
7. She is single.
8. She betrayed her sister.
8a. (***SPOILER**** Recall she wrote to the Turkish Embassy detailing Mary’s tryst with Mr. Pamuk!)
9. She falls for everyone and anyone.
9a . (***SPOILER**** Titanic victim Patrick, Patrick maimed impersonator, that farmer, Matthew Crawley, Sir Anthony)
10. The writers conveniently made her start a feminist newspaper column now that Sybil is dead.
11. Her Father kind of can’t stand her.
Poor Edith! I’m always saying that. Look around, there are MANY ladies that have this Edith Syndrome. Think Bridget Jones but more depressed, less fun with a gap in her teeth, red hair and a bitter chip on her shoulder. Take this woman immediately out for margaritas and Karaoke!