I started saying “she’s such and Edith” or “a total Edith”. I’m referring to Lady Edith Crawley the middle sister of Lord and Lady Grantham of the PBS show Downton Abbey. She has it rough you see:
1. She is the middle sister of two gorgeous brunettes.
2. Her older sister hates her. Like legitimately hates her.
3. She never gets the guy.
3a. (***SPOILER**** I mean the old man she was in love with left her at the altar for Christ Sakes! )
4. She has red hair.
5. She is intelligent. She reads and writes therefore nobody wants to marry her.
6. She can drive a car.
7. She is single.
8. She betrayed her sister.
8a. (***SPOILER**** Recall she wrote to the Turkish Embassy detailing Mary’s tryst with Mr. Pamuk!)
9. She falls for everyone and anyone.
9a . (***SPOILER**** Titanic victim Patrick, Patrick maimed impersonator, that farmer, Matthew Crawley, Sir Anthony)
10. The writers conveniently made her start a feminist newspaper column now that Sybil is dead.
11. Her Father kind of can’t stand her.
Poor Edith! I’m always saying that. Look around, there are MANY ladies that have this Edith Syndrome. Think Bridget Jones but more depressed, less fun with a gap in her teeth, red hair and a bitter chip on her shoulder. Take this woman immediately out for margaritas and Karaoke!
Seeing Bill Clinton get a standing ovation at the Golden Globes made me think of one person; Monica Lewinsky. What is she doing? Did you know she has a master’s degree from the London School of Economics? She got that in 2006. Apparently she’s pitching a top secret book or so says the internet and good for her. Write about whatever you want in detail. She can’t run away from her name. He gets more respect as he gets older and she is forced to have this cloud of shame around her forever. It sucks. It isn’t fair. I’m mad for her. He was Impeached and can do no wrong. She will forever be known as the stained blue dress intern that gave the President a blow job in the oval office.
This weekend I was watching some sport on NBC at the gym, when it hit me that Marv Albert is on my television. He is doing VERY well considering his very public sexual assault charges that he eventually plead guilty to. He went to trial for felony charges of forcible sodomy and he pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and battery charges. Didn’t NBC fire him? Can’t they hire a non disgraced felon pervert asshole to commentate NBA games? Seeing him on television is just a reminder that the only person that got screwed was the victim. Literally. Oh and we all know Marv that you FUCKING DYE YOUR HAIR/ or wear a hair piece.
Sure, we all deserve a second chance but you have a much easier time if you are named Bill Clinton and not named Monica Lewinsky.
It must be nice to be a fucking dude.
I think the American public is quick to forget and forgive these men. Especially if they are public figures such as Professional Athletes, Actors, Politicians, Sports Commentators, Singers, Actors, etc.
Dan Mario, Chris Brown, David Letterman, Ben Roethlisberger, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, Eliot Spitzer, Michael Jordan, Michael Vick, David Vitter, Michael Jackson, Charlie Sheen, Ray Lewis, Mike Tyson, Hermain Cain, John Edwards and many more.
It's been awhile! I'm a terrible "blogger".
I'll try and
I recently decided I should see "The Descendants" since it's nominated for lots of awards this season. About 40 minutes into the movie a lady in the middle of my 3rd row of this packed theatre decided she wanted to go get snacks. Doesn't bod well for how amazing the movie is right?!
She comes back a few minutes later with a bucket of soda and popcorn. She slithers down my row. When she gets to 6 people in she proceeds to dump her soda and popcorn on this couple in the row in front of us. They were soaked, I was laughing, she was apologizing. She sits back down to enjoy the movie and they get up and leave. Taking off their wet layers as they exit. I'm still giggling at the scene. They girls next to me seem mortified and hope nobody in the theatre assumes this Mob Wives looking clutz of a woman is with them.
5 minutes go by and the wet woman comes back to confront the lady. I assume she is asking for her to pay for her dry cleaning. I can hear the Mob Wife tell her "I already apologized" and the wet woman leaves.
Then the wet man comes back in his soaked undershirt. This gets heated "GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY FACE I ALREADY SAID I'M SORRY. STOP BEING A 5 YEAR OLD" and he yells "NEXT TIME SIT IN THE FRONT ROW".
Who cares about George Clooney and his cheating coma wife, this is way more exciting!
I wanted her long finger nails to scratch off his face!
I wanted him to dump a soda on her!
Popcorn to fly!
The theatre to join in the "fight" chant I would start!
That didn't happen but man was I entertained. Only in New York.
This is your new blog post. Click here and start typing, or drag in elements from the top bar.
A good movie trailer. Usually the music isn't from the movie it's previewing because my psycho head can recall "oh wait that song was from The Life of David Gale" NOBODY can recall that movie. (Kate Winslet, Kevin Spacey).
Full article written by Marc at Marcandangel.com
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people. – Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. If someone wants you in their life, they’ll make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Never, ever insist yourself to someone who continuously overlooks your worth. And remember, it’s not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends.
2. Stop running from your problems. – Face them head on. No, it won’t be easy. There is no person in the world capable of flawlessly handling every punch thrown at them. We aren’t supposed to be able to instantly solve problems. That’s not how we’re made. In fact, we’re made to get upset, sad, hurt, stumble and fall. Because that’s the whole purpose of living – to face problems, learn, adapt, and solve them over the course of time. This is what ultimately molds us into the person we become.
3. Stop lying to yourself. – You can lie to anyone else in the world, but you can’t lie to yourself. Our lives improve only when we take chances, and the first and most difficult chance we can take is to be honest with ourselves. Read The Road Less Traveled .
4. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too. Yes, help others; but help yourself too. If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now.
5. Stop trying to be someone you’re not. – One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you likeeveryone else. Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you. Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
6. Stop trying to hold onto the past. – You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading your last one.
7. Stop being scared to make a mistake. – Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing. Every success has a trail of failures behind it, and every failure is leading towards success. You end up regretting the things you did NOT do far more than the things you did.
8. Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – We may love the wrong person and cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us. We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future. Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come.
9. Stop trying to buy happiness. – Many of the things we desire are expensive. But the truth is, the things that really satisfy us are totally free – love, laughter and working on our passions.
10. Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness. – If you’re not happy with who you are on the inside, you won’t be happy in a long-term relationship with anyone else either. You have to create stability in your own life first before you can share it with someone else. Read Stumbling on Happiness .
11. Stop being idle. – Don’t think too much or you’ll create a problem that wasn’t even there in the first place. Evaluate situations and take decisive action. You cannot change what you refuse to confront. Making progress involves risk. Period! You can’t make it to second base with your foot on first.
12. Stop thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.
13. Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons. – Relationships must be chosen wisely. It’s better to be alone than to be in bad company. There’s no need to rush. If something is meant to be, it will happen – in the right time, with the right person, and for the best reason. Fall in love when you’re ready, not when you’re lonely.
14. Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work. – In life you’ll realize that there is a purpose for everyone you meet. Some will test you, some will use you and some will teach you. But most importantly, some will bring out the best in you.
15. Stop trying to compete against everyone else. – Don’t worry about what others doing better than you. Concentrate on beating your own records every day. Success is a battle between YOU and YOURSELF only.
16. Stop being jealous of others. – Jealousy is the art of counting someone else’s blessings instead of your own. Ask yourself this: “What’s something I have that everyone wants?”
17. Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself. – Life’s curveballs are thrown for a reason – to shift your path in a direction that is meant for you. You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough. But reflect back on those negative curveballs thrown at you in the past. You’ll often see that eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation. So smile! Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be.
18. Stop holding grudges. – Don’t live your life with hate in your heart. You will end up hurting yourself more than the people you hate. Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the answer… let go, find peace, liberate yourself! And remember, forgiveness is not just for other people, it’s for you too. If you must, forgive yourself, move on and try to do better next time.
19. Stop letting others bring you down to their level. – Refuse to lower your standards to accommodate those who refuse to raise theirs.
20. Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others. – Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it anyway. Just do what you know in your heart is right.
21. Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break.– The time to take a deep breath is when you don’t have time for it. If you keep doing what you’re doing, you’ll keep getting what you’re getting. Sometimes you need to distance yourself to see things clearly.
22. Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments. – Enjoy the little things, because one day you may look back and discover they were the big things. The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
23. Stop trying to make things perfect. – The real world doesn’t reward perfectionists, it rewards people who get things done. Read Getting Things Done .
24. Stop following the path of least resistance. – Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t take the easy way out. Do something extraordinary.
25. Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t. – It’s okay to fall apart for a little while. You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well. You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears. The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again.
26. Stop blaming others for your troubles. – The extent to which you can achieve your dreams depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. When you blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility – you give others power over that part of your life.
27. Stop trying to be everything to everyone. – Doing so is impossible, and trying will only burn you out. But making one person smile CAN change the world. Maybe not the whole world, but their world. So narrow your focus.
28. Stop worrying so much. – Worry will not strip tomorrow of its burdens, it will strip today of its joy. One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time? Three years? Five years?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about.
29. Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen. – Focus on what you do want to happen. Positive thinking is at the forefront of every great success story. If you awake every morning with the thought that something wonderful will happen in your life today, and you pay close attention, you’ll often find that you’re right.
30. Stop being ungrateful. – No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Instead of thinking about what you’re missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.
My Mom was a teacher at this school. Now its sole purpose is to recruit new parishioners for it's fleeting church. This last year they let go the former Director, multiple teacher and assistant teachers and recently my Mom. Every child loved and requested my mom as a teacher. Every parent loved her. Her fellow teachers adored her as she did them.
It's so sad to see the school failing it's Teachers, Parents and most importantly the Children!
Don't put your kids here!
My sister's and I religiously watched MMC (Mickey Mouse Club, duh) and Kids Incorporated when we were kids. 5 and 5:30 on the Disney channel. We'd get our homework done and hopefully not have a soccer, basketball or softball practice so we could watch our favorite little talents on TV.
We all know now the big names that came from these shows: Justin, Christina, Britney, Jennifer Love Hewett (aka Robin in Kids Inc), Keri Russel, and the current Hollywood Do No Wrong Actor... RYAN GOSLING.
Can the guy make a bad movie? Not this year. I saw Drive, Crazy Stupid Love and Ides of March not just because he was in it but because the trailers looked wicked and I loved the supporting cast. I'm sure he's made a bad movie choice but I can't think of one and don't feel like cheating and looking on IMDB. It's crazy to think this guy was a singing and dancing tween along with those other entertainers.
So all these people just discovering Ryan Gosling from these movies, know my sisters and I liked him way before you. We Win. You can call up the Disney Channel and beg for them to replay all those fantastic MMC episodes of these "stars before they were stars" so you too can appreciate the talent before he was the new hot piece of Hollywood ass.